Header

Thursday, July 7, 2011, marks the start Joshua’s journey as a separate entity

Joshua - Day 3

Joshua - Day 3
Mum and Joshua - Day 3

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Cherish the Days

Had a busy day yesterday, not exactly the way I would like to have spent my birthday but I have less and less control over the content of my life. The bus was late so I had to race to get Joshua. Got home and took him and the dogs for a walk. I had forgotten to bring a change of clothes downstairs, so I went out in my work clothes. The walk was nothing unusual, but as we were walking I started singing to Joshua. The songs I like to sing are not the ones he reacts to, so I sang some children's song. He especially likes the ones were I need to jump up and down, so "Roll Over" is a good one. I love the way he laughs out loud when I jump with him. I got home and I only had enough time for a shower before I had to leave to teach my private. Kelly was very late coming home, so I was waiting with Joshua downstairs. When I got home Joshua was already asleep. I only teach my private for two evenings a week, but when I read this entry I think about how it eats my time with him. The sad thing is that the boy I teach came to the open house of our school last Sunday and wants to come. His family had originally come to the open house because of his older brother. ISIS, my school, is one of the best schools in Taiwan, and certainly the best primary school. But the boy I teach will be going into grade six. The other students in his class have had five years experience learning the IB way. It is virtually impossible for him to succeed in our school without assistance. I will probably need to teach him next year as well. I have had people comment about the fact that Kelly and I work so much and he spends his weekdays with a nanny. We cannot afford the luxury of one of us giving up work so a nanny is the best alternative. The thing is that because we do not spend all day with him, we really cherish the time we do spend with him. As he is the only child I do understand that he may become spoilt, but it is such a joy to be with him, and he does love his mum and dad, or at least I think so. He woke up at 2.30 which is unusual for him. Even though I was very tired, it was fun to see him do his routine before he went back to sleep. This morning I tired, as I always do, to leave as quietly as I can to avoid waking them up. However today I had to go back upstairs as Kelly had taken both sets of car keys to the room. With me coming back in a second time and Kelly getting the keys, he woke up. The smile he gives when he sees us is just priceless. 6.30 is a late enough sleep in Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment