Header

Thursday, July 7, 2011, marks the start Joshua’s journey as a separate entity

Joshua - Day 3

Joshua - Day 3
Mum and Joshua - Day 3

Tuesday 17 April 2012

One post for 3 Months?

Has it been that long since I first started writing this? It is truly amazing how fast Joshua is growing. He is not quite 7 months now and he has developed so much. Physically he is much stronger. He sits without support, can stand up with support, can grab and rattle things that are quite heavy and he rolled all the way over yesterday. He often turns onto his tummy and tries to lift himself up. He is very aware of what is happening around him. He's nine months old now and he is developing fast. A few weeks ago I was holding him and he was standing, not so unusual. But then he took a step. "Wow!" I thought. I told Kelly. We held him as he took more steps. We went to Kelly's grandmother's where Kelly showed everyone. Joshua got a lot of walking practice. When we got home we thought he would be tired from all the exercise, but no. He seemed to be fascinated by the idea of walking and wouldn't stop. He supported himself with anything tall and started to 'walk', cruising I'm told it is called. He has always been very active, but he seems to be even more active now. He won't go to sleep without lots of crawling and standing. He tries to balance himself and can stand unsupported for over 5 seconds before gravity takes its toll. That is while he is standing on the bed, I wonder if he can stand for longer on a firmer floor. Kelly has been away often due to work, and I wonder how that affects him. He seems to be ok, and when his mum first gets back he is very excited to see her. I guess he will deal with it. He loves to babble, but that's all it is right now. He says, 'Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma' and 'Da, Da, Da, Da' but it doesn't seem to be referring to anything, just sounds he is making. When he does that I think of the Police song, 'De, Do, Do, Do, De, Da, Da, Da' and will sing that to him. I sing to him often and I hope he doesn't become as bad at singing as I am. I'm excited by what will happen next, but scared, very scared that he will be walking soon. 'Honeymoon is over baby, it's never gonna be the same again!'

No comments:

Post a Comment